Conversational Spanish Classes for Healthcare Professionals
Are you struggling to communicate to your Spanish-speaking patients?
If so, we have the perfect solution. Whether you’re new to the Spanish language or just want a refresher, this fun and simple course will give you the basic tools you need to bridge the communication gap.
Providing quality medial care depends on effective communication.
As the number of Spanish-speaking patients continues to grow, there is an increased demand for Healthcare professionals who speak Spanish. The conversational Spanish for Healthcare Professionals and Social Workers CEU webinar includes an overview of medical Spanish as well as specialty-specific terminology, allowing you to tailor your learning experience to your specific area of practice. Nurses and Social Workers will gain 10.0 contact hours of continuing education* and a certificate upon completion.
Objectives for this Course:
- Discuss language and cultural considerations when communicating with Spanish-speaking patients with limited English.
- Identify basic Spanish phrases needed to communicate with Spanish-speaking patients in your role as a Healthcare provider.
- List assessment questions that stimulate a one-word or yes-no response from patients.
- Interpret patient responses in Spanish.
- Identify how to communicate test results in Spanish.
- Identify how to explain treatment procedures in Spanish.
- Identify basic phrases and commands to complete a physicians exam.
Please contact us for more information regarding the cost for this 6-week program.
(Minimum of 5 students per class) All 6 Webinar Classes will be held on Thursdays from 10:30 a.m.12:30 p.m. (Morning Class) and from 6:00 p.m-8:00p.m. (Evening Class) Choose a time that is convenient for you.
*Upon Completion of this course Nurse and Social Workers will earn 10.0 CEUs hours*